Google+ Little Bird: The Hunger Games

Thursday 10 November 2011

The Hunger Games

For this post I wanted to briefly talk about my favourite set of books- The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins. These are quite possibly the most amazing novels I have ever read....EVER.


<3
The first book in particular, I could not put down, not for a minute. It was the quickest I have ever read. My heart was pounding all the way through it- it makes you want to laugh and cry and panic the whole way through- the most intense read.

The story is set in a post-apocalyptic North America- known as Panem. The country is split into 12 districts and the capital city, aptly named the 'Capito'l, constantly assert their authority over the districts in an attempt to prevent another rebel uprising. In particular, the Capitol is responsible for holding the horrible annual televised event known as the Hunger Games in which one boy and one girl between the ages of 12 and 18 are chosen at random from each district and forced to fight to the death in a massive arena for the whole of Panem to watch- there can only be one winnner.

The story follows Katniss, a 16 year old girl, and her life and experiences in Panem. It follows her in the Hunger Games and is just so gut renching all the way through!

The novels explore the effects of war, violence and poverty on an adolescent and Suzanne Collins does an incredible job of portraying the struggles and emotions that each character are experiencing- I would recommend this book to anyone!

They are also making a film of it, which I am beyond excited about!!!!!! Here's a wee teaser trailer that was released:



Will leave this post with my song of the day, which is the amazing Karnivool with 'Set fire to the hive'- an incredible song :)


H xx

No comments :

Post a Comment

Tell me something...